Old 12-04-2010, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Name my weed

On 2010-04-11 15:39:20 +0100, said:

Sacha wrote:
Can anyone point me at what it is, please?
Celandine?

Hmm, I was about to say no after a google, where the flowers look right
but
the leaves don't, but this one has the right leaves:

http://pinguicula.typepad.com/photos...734_0041er.jpg

But

this, which claims to be the same thing (unless what I have seen is a
younger version?) looks totally different:

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/m...celles44-l.jpg

Anyhow. Yes, I think you're right, thankyou.

There's Lesser and Greater Celandine, IIRC, so maybe that makes a
difference.
--

I once saw a Greater Celandine plant away in the countryside and introduced
it to my own garden as I like a wild look.