Old 12-04-2010, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sutartsorric sutartsorric is offline

Default Name my weed

On 12 Apr, 20:21, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

On 2010-04-11 15:39:20 +0100, said:

Sacha wrote:
Can anyone point me at what it is, please?
Celandine?

Hmm, I was about to say no after a google, where the flowers look right
but
the leaves don't, but this one has the right leaves:

http://pinguicula.typepad.com/photos.../04/02/0204200....

But

this, which claims to be the same thing (unless what I have seen is a
younger version?) looks totally different:

http://www.botanical.com/botanical/m...celles44-l.jpg

Anyhow. *Yes, I think you're right, thankyou.

There's Lesser and Greater Celandine, IIRC, so maybe that makes a
difference.
--

I once saw a Greater Celandine plant away in the countryside and introduced
it to my own garden as I like a wild look.

You are not alone, I did the same thing with a Greater Willowherb with
similar results as it spreads under the soil and now appears
everywhere.