Old 13-04-2010, 12:58 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Horseshit!

Una wrote:
Did anyone notice I used the word "bacteria" meaning two very
different sets of bacteria? There are intestinal bacteria, some of
which may make you sick; and soil bacteria, which do the marvelous
work of composting.

To put on my pedant hat, most of the microorganisms in compost are fungi but
your point is still valid about it dealing with fecal coliforms.

A good compost pile favors bacteria that build
the soil, in the process consuming stray intestinal bacteria.

Una

David