Old 13-04-2010, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Moss, thatch etc.

Gopher wrote:
I am in the process of giving our front lawn a much needed scarifying! I
suspect that over the past 3 or 4 years the moss and thatch factor has
grown to over 50% and there is a mountain of growing rubbish requiring
disposal. The question is, can I throw it in one of our compost stalls
along with the other items from the garden? Or is the moss likely to
take a very long time to become composted and effectively dead?

I don't know if this will be any use to you, but last time our lawn was
scarified in the spring, I used the moss to line hanging baskets, which
appear to still be perfectly well lined now, almost a year later!