Old 13-04-2010, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Moss, thatch etc.

"Gopher" wrote in message
Please excuse me if this has been posted before .... it sounds familiar to
me but I can't recall the answer.

I am in the process of giving our front lawn a much needed scarifying! I
suspect that over the past 3 or 4 years the moss and thatch factor has
grown to over 50% and there is a mountain of growing rubbish requiring
disposal. The question is, can I throw it in one of our compost stalls
along with the other items from the garden? Or is the moss likely to take
a very long time to become composted and effectively dead?

I'd prefer not to have to make too many runs to our local recycling
centre - where it would be chucked through the "green waste" windows for
composting. But do they have a turbo charged composting process which is
much more efficient than our "leave it to nature" system?
--

This is the perfect time of year to dangle the moss in the basket jobbies
you had fat feeders in for the local tits to use it for their nests.