Old 13-04-2010, 11:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Simonite Paul Simonite is offline

Default Are Nurseries Cheaper than Garden Centres?

The message

from Dave Hill contains these words:
\snip\
but is £5.00 for a plant that is going to last
for years, or £15 for a tree that could last the next 50 years
expensive?
David Hill

No it certainly isn't David - and what's more, I'll wager you can offer
a better quality product at that price than a garden centre ever will!

It is a great shame that the buying public, or that section of the
buying public, who would rather thieve than pay have forced you to close
to the rest of the honest population. Alas, this is the price we have
to pay for such folk.

Our local garden centre is a small family run affair, the owner of which
is a good source of local knowledge and advice. This used to be the
norm for garden centres everywhere but nowadays size and profit driven
business mean that unsuitable staff are often recruited 'on the cheap' -
to our loss.

--
Compo