Old 14-04-2010, 01:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lelandite Lelandite is offline

Default Raspberry Vines Question

Hi,

Planted some Raspberry vines, for first time.

Was wondering: Assuming any berries actually appear, are Raspberries
something:

Rabbits will go after ?

Birds ?

Squirrels ? Or,...?

If so, any hints or solutions ?

Thanks,
Bob (outside of Boston, Mass.)

Hi, Bob

I have raspberries and the only thing that bothers them is during the late/last
fruit production. It's only a couple of birds that have seem to find and like
them so it's no problem. I have squirrels but they're to busy with the
neighbors walnut tree to even look sideways at my raspberries. Neighbors
also have dogs so the deer are kept away.

If you're just now buying, I hope you purchase some of the yellow berries.
They have a wonderful nutty yet fruity taste to them.

Donna
in WA zone 8