Old 14-04-2010, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tony Tony is offline

Default This tree is blooming two weeks earlier than last year

Charles Packer wrote:
What is this tree whose annual flowering time is two weeks
sooner than last year? I've been photographing
the same trees for two years and this year was surprised
to see one tree bloom three days ago that last year
didn't bloom until April 25-26. And the similar tree next
to it that bloomed on April 20 last year hasn't shown any indication
of
blooming yet this year. See

http://cpacker.org/20090426.jpg

http://cpacker.org/20100413.jpg

The full time lapse series for last spring is at
http://cpacker.org/trees

--
Charles Packer
http://cpacker.org/whatnews

From this distance it looks like a flowering plum tree. I'm in SW
Michigan, and everything here is blooming about two weeks early, too.
This is an honest-to-God early spring this year.

Tony