Old 14-04-2010, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Name my weed

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:11:24 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

Make sure you get up all the little bulbils or whatever they are. That
is how they spread around.

Pam in Bristol

Is this another confusion of the two celandines? I thought it was the
lesser celandine (only) that produced bulbils.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Tina's original post said that she has "Bulbous bits on the roots".
That is my recollection of dealing with greater celandine. These
little white bits break off and unless you get rid of them they will
grow next year.
These flowers are a beautiful sight in sunshine at the moment, so
perhaps all those of us with enough space can let a few have a place.
They ARE poisonous, btw.

Pam in Bristol