Old 14-04-2010, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default HomeBase Tomatoes

Just a note in passing to say that last weekend HomeBase in Ipswich had the
sickliest, weediest, nastiest tomato seedlings I have ever seen.

If I had grown them, I would have thrown them.

You have to wonder why they even bothered to put them out on display.

I bought my small number of plants from a local farm shop / nursery.
They were far superior.
I was just looking in HB to see if they had any other interesting varieties.

Should have complained to the manager but was distracted by other things.

Still, I now have two chillis, one sungold tomato, and three courgettes out
in pots and they seem to be happy so far.

Cheers

Dave R