Old 15-04-2010, 03:03 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Raised beds for school gardening club

In article
,
ciarandeb wrote:

Response to billy - Sorry Dave for hijacking this thread. With
regard to my site organicgreenfingers.com. I'm not reinventing the
wheel. It is a place for questions and answers with methods for
people to figure out which answer is a good answer without being an
expert on the subject area (if they were they would probably know the
answer and not need to ask). I don't seek to replace discussion sites
like this (which are fabulous for discussions like this but not great
at questions and answers) but to complement them. Finally Surely my
site is not like an aristocracy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Aristocracy) haven't you heard of a meritocracy (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meritocracy)? Far better than democracy in my
view :-) ?

Meritocracy is fine as long as competition is fair, and it is one
person, one vote. But, in newsgroups with which I am acquainted, the
people with the best information are recognized. No need to put a gold
star on them. But it's all good. There are no rules. What works, works
Good luck with your site..
--
- Billy