Old 14-04-2010, 10:21 PM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] rainman@mailinator.com is offline

Default Rosemary dying

On 14 Apr 2010 10:02:25 +0200, Jeßus wrote:

Just thought I'd ask here in case this is a known problem that somebody is familar with:

I have a small Rosemary bush, approx 12 months since planted.

Been going great, put on plenty of growth in that time. About a month ago, one lower branch
spontaneusly died. The rest of the plant seemed fine - until this afternoon.

Now it's obvious that the entire plant is going to die, the foliage is drying out just like that first branch
did. Soil is neither particularly dry or wet, it gets full sun and the weather has been unseasonably warm.

The only thing (and it's a long shot IMO) is that I also have Borage growing in the same vicinity, and it's
spreading like wildfire. I did note that some Borage had taken hold very close to the base of the
Rosemary - I'm wondering if the Borage root system is the cause? Like I said, a lot shot... but it does
seem like a fairly invasive plant and makes me wonder what's going on underground.

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated, thanks.

It's too wet.