Old 15-04-2010, 03:19 PM posted to aus.gardens
loosecanon loosecanon is offline

Default Best time to prune

"terryc" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:51:13 +0000, PC wrote:

Sometimes the chainsaw seems a great alternative.

Funnily, I'll do anything else but start up the chainsaw. 99% of the
living stuff I cut can be done with a 6' folding saw and that includes
one foot diameter trees.

I tend to do my pruning the same. Even reluctant to use electric and petrol
hedgetrimmers. They do it quick but on closer inspection hack the crap out
of things. With a measured saw, lopper, seceteur and anvil cutter the cuts
are cleaner and accurate above shoots. Downside is when you do it all the
time your hands pay for it.