Old 15-04-2010, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PtePike PtePike is offline

Default Which tomato variety?

Donwill wrote in news:82nqb8F9rtU1
@mid.individual.net:

On the basis of flavour first and yield second, which tomato variety do
you favour?
Don

Sweet Million are my first choice, a cherry type with a wonderful flavour
which crops very heavilly outdoors. They are an expensive seed £2.55 for 20
seeds!

http://www.suttons.co.uk/Shop/Vegetable+Seeds/Tomato+F1
+Sweet+Million+Seeds+181392.htm?ito=2362&itc=11698 &itkw=sweet%20million%
20tomato&gclid=CJGsydvHiKECFReZ2Aod2XibOg

Gardeners Delight are my second choice, another cherry type, a very nice
flavour which crops heavily outdoors. Nice cheap seeds £.99 for loads of
seeds.

Both of the above are early croppers outside, in fact last year I was
taking a FEW late June and could not keep up by mid July and by mid August
I started preserving as well as giving some away right up to late October
by which time they stayed green. But even then in a dark place they slowly
ripened. BTW I had 22 plants, and this year I will cut back.

I have no third choice now, don't need one.

I would urge you to grow Sweet Million and in a greenhouse if you have one
(I have not got one or the room to put one in) and you will not be
disappointed I promise.

PtePike