Old 15-04-2010, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ragnar Ragnar is offline

Default Which tomato variety?

"Donwill" wrote in message
On the basis of flavour first and yield second, which tomato variety do
you favour?
Don

Not quite an answer to your question, but I have always found that the
important factor for best flavour is not so much the choice of variety, but
rather to grow the plants in good soil and let the tomatoes ripen on the
plant. The reason shop tomatoes are sometimes rather tasteless is that they
are intensively grown and picked while green.
Just my own experience for what its worth
R.