Old 15-04-2010, 08:32 PM posted to aus.gardens
PC PC is offline

Default Best time to prune

On 16/04/2010 12:19 AM, Loosecanon wrote:
wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:51:13 +0000, PC wrote:

Sometimes the chainsaw seems a great alternative.

Funnily, I'll do anything else but start up the chainsaw. 99% of the
living stuff I cut can be done with a 6' folding saw and that includes
one foot diameter trees.

I tend to do my pruning the same. Even reluctant to use electric and petrol
hedgetrimmers. They do it quick but on closer inspection hack the crap out
of things. With a measured saw, lopper, secateurs and anvil cutter the cuts
are cleaner and accurate above shoots. Downside is when you do it all the
time your hands pay for it.

The chainsaw was used to do the job without arguments and was done
furtively. Prune was the wrong word. Massacre is. Never use a chainsaw
to prune.