Old 15-04-2010, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default HomeBase Tomatoes

"®óñ© © ²°¹°" wrote in message
On 14 Apr 2010 14:01:08 GMT, wrote:

Interesting varieties come in seeds, not in plants! (I have terrible
trouble every year, cos I grow too many different ones - I think I was
limited to 14 different varieties this year, which is still too many to
put
in the greenhouses!)

Still, I now have two chillis, one sungold tomato, and three courgettes
out
in pots and they seem to be happy so far.

My yellows, which may or may not be sungold (Hmm, I think they're not,
they're golden sunrise, or something similar) are looking extremely
healthy.
Some of the others are straggling. Fakel and Matina are also looking very
happy.

I got several healthy plants of each of these tomatoes (20 for the
greenhouse, others for the neighbours who look after my greenhouse
when I'm away)

Ferline, Aviro, Old Brooks, Austin's Red Pear, Tommy Toe
Rosada (cordon), Chiquito. Koralik, Orange Santa, Tasty
German Orange Strawberry, Pineapple, Red Zebra, Sweet Olive,
Black Krim, Tomatoberry, Ravello, Jakarta, Roncardo.

Wish I had room to grow them all!

Space is my problem at the moment.

I grew two tomato plants last year and they were a bit crowded.
I will have to put my one plant in the same bed this year when I have had
time to prepare the bed.

Come the revolution there will be a lot more space and a lot more time but
at the moment I can't bring myself to buy a packet of seed and grow a single
plant.
Easier to get one from a nursery and then perhaps clone a couple from the
side shoots if I have the time.

Cheers

Dave R