Old 15-04-2010, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default What has eaten my tulip bulbs?

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 15:10:36 +0100, "~Brian~"
wrote:

David in Normandy wrote:
Some clumps have come up, some haven't or just have weak leaves. On
closer inspection the bulbs are completely gone and there are holes in
the ground around 1 - 2 inches diameter near them. The few sick
looking leaves remaining aren't attached to anything.

Squirrels like bulbs!

I planted tulips in pots a few years ago. The same thing happened;
holes, no bulbs I never see squirrels, but do see mice. I guessed it
was the miche which ate my bulbs.

Pam in Bristol