Old 15-04-2010, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jo[_5_] Jo[_5_] is offline

Default Is this a Pieris Japonica?

"Bigus" wrote in message
Hi

We bought this plant at a nursery the other day and when we got it home we
realised we didn't have the identification/care lable on it. The white
stick protruding from the soil is unfortunately blank. I went there again
at lunch to get a couple more bits but they didn't have any more of the
plants left. I asked the guy there and he thinks it was probably a Pieris
Japonica.

Does anyone know if that's what it definitely is? I've looked on Google
images and the ones there are certainly very similar but the only thing
that's made me a little unsure is that I haven't seen any with the same
kind of stems - i.e: that yellowy-green with curved young leaves. Here's a
photo of it:

http://www.creationfactor.net/misc/pink_leaves.jpg

Thanks
Bigus

Definitely looks like the one I had in my last garden. Looks very healthy
too!