Old 15-04-2010, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹° ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹° is offline

Default HomeBase Tomatoes

On 15 Apr 2010 16:18:46 GMT, wrote:

David WE Roberts wrote:
Easier to get one from a nursery and then perhaps clone a couple from the
side shoots if I have the time.

Does that work? I did break off a side shoot of one plant last year and
stick it in the side of the grow bag, and was quite surprised it didn't die,
but it didn't actually /do/ anything either.

Sideshoots can be ripped off and dibbled in, but in my experience the
outcome is a weedy plant and a waste of time

Now of course, in a Majorcan garden or plot, where this is the
propagation of choice, they seem to do very well

--