Old 16-04-2010, 05:48 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] is offline

Default stories about gardening and landscaping #1

Today I did my first grafts. I grafted rock or cork elm
onto other elm species. I had saved several elm trees
from the mower blade to get to a certain height and then today I cut
some branches of ulmus thomasii
to use for several grafts. I did the bud graft and the V
graft. I even tried a new type of graft where I drill out the interior
bark except the cambium layer and then
fit that into the hole.

I did not use the "whip graft" and am anxious to try it
in the future.

I used cloning hormone gel and plenty of tape.

I then used concrete block to protect the graft from
animals, or any other movement.

Three weeks is what I am told I will know if they "took".

I will be happy if just one takes hold.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/