Old 16-04-2010, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Kale

On Apr 15, 9:56*pm, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *I was down at the local K-Mart (Atlanta 7b) and they had 9 packs of
Kale. (I struck out last fall growing from seed)

* *I found that a bit strange, but took it home.

* *Is it crazy to put this in this time of year? Will I get a harvest,
or will it live to thrive in cooler weather in autumn? What about care?

* *My Swiss Chard, which did nothing when I put it in last fall, is
starting to take off.

* *Gardening, what a mystery!

* *Jeff

My wife let the kale overwinter here in Maryland and it survived quite
well, even with four feet of snow in one week. I have a picture of the
kale plant sticking up through the snow at

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=cd281053e5

The snow kale not only survived but was highly edible. So did a couple
heads of cabbage.

Paul