Old 16-04-2010, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Laying a new lawn

On Apr 15, 1:22 pm, FredAt wrote:
Thank you very much for the detailed response. Just two more questions

a. You mention adjusting the pH. Where can I read up on what the right
pH should be?

There is loads of info, just use google. A PH between about 6.5 to
7 is good.

b. I doubt that I have the time (sadly) or the experience (as yet) to
grow the lawn from seed so am planning to use rollout turf. Do the
comments you have made apply to that as well?

Yes. Establishing a lawn from seed isn't any more work. Maybe
less work. It just takes more time for it to grow and fill in.
Fall is the best time for seeding though. If you do it now you have
competition from weeds, need to use more water and it has less time to
establish before hot summer stress months.

FredAt