Old 16-04-2010, 02:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Fertilize and overseed

On Apr 14, 7:40 pm, RemiRemi wrote:
Jim wrote :

RemiRemi wrote:

Hi. I want to fertilize my lawn and I also want to overseed it. Which
should I do first and how long should I wait to do the other? Thanks.

and your location is?

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.

You should do them at the same time. Use a starter fertilizer. You
can do it now, but the best time for seeding is in the Fall. If you
have any reasonable size, I'd recommend renting a slit seeder. They
generally go for about $60 for 4 hours, will save you a lot of work
and get the seed into the ground where it will have a good germination
rate. Some people buy $75 worth of seed and just sprinkle it
around, where little of it actually grows. Also, make sure you use a
good and proper seed.