Old 16-04-2010, 02:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default HomeBase Tomatoes

wrote in message
snip
On a slight side note, at what point do people find it's best to
transplant
to grow bags? Some of mine are starting to get to the size I would expect
to be fine (about 6-9" tall) and I was thinking of putting the first few
in
this weekend, but I can't remember when we normally do it.

Depends on where you are :-)

I've just checked and the tomato I potted up outside is about 6" tall above
ground and it seems to be perfectly happy.
We are in Suffolk, near the coast.

It is on a sheltered south facing patio tucked up against the house wall so
it is probavbly warmer than elsewhere in the garden.

As long as you don't expect any more frost then I think you should be O.K.

The courgettes and the chillis also seem happy.

HTH

Dave R