Old 16-04-2010, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default HomeBase and potatoes

I am wondering if they were Aubergine plants.
David Hill

If so they had a very funny way of spelling 'Aubergine'.

Also, Aubergine plants look much like peppers IIRC and not at all like
potatoes.
These looked like potatoes and were labelled as potatoes.

Hence the question :-)

I do wonder what sort of capsicum you have.
How you can liken capsicum http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...2/capsicum.jpg
to Aubergine
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../aubergine.jpg
is beyond me.
But enough of that.
Regarding transplanting potatoes, it can be done early especially if
the potato is pot grown,
You can also grow them from slips taken from the shootswhen they are a
couple of inches long and potted, then planted out when established
David Hill