Old 16-04-2010, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default Volcanic Dust

In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 16:57:01 +0100, hugh ] wrote:

In message , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from contains these words:

In article ,
hugh wrote:

Most of this country (perhaps all) is short of fluorides. If the
ash is dense enough here to cause toxicity, we will have a global
winter on our hands and more serious things to worry about. With
the possible exception of Shetland and the VERY far north.

Have some of our water - lot's in there.

Why do you think that it's deliberately added to most water supplies
in the UK?

I don't.

Because we already have enough of it? Try again

http://www.dentalhealth.org.uk/faqs/...p?LeafletID=17

"only a few places (Hartlepool in the North East of England , and parts
of Essex) have enough natural fluoride to benefit dental health.
Elsewhere it is added to only around 10% of the UK population's water
supply - mainly in the West Midlands and the North East."

http://www.ciwem.org/policy/policies/fluoridation.asp

"Existing Arrangements (UK)

Since the 1960s, over 5 million people (about 10% of the UK population)
have received artificially fluoridated water, mainly in the Midlands,
north-east and eastern parts of England.
1. About half a million people in the UK receive water which is
naturally fluoridated at, or about, the optimum level of one part per
million. A further one million people receive water which is naturally
fluoridated at a lower level, but which still confers some dental
benefit. These areas are generally found in a band running down the
eastern side of the country, from Hartlepool in the north down to parts
of Essex.
2. About 5 million people receive water where the fluoride content has
been artificially increased to a level of one part per million. Major
schemes are in operation in Birmingham and throughout the West Midlands,
and also in Tyneside."

Janet

And also Cheshire.

It is enforced medication without choice. If people didn't feed their
kids such obnoxious confectionery there would be no need for it.

but they do and there is.

But IMO that does not justify inflicting it on the rest of us against
our will.
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha