Old 17-04-2010, 03:56 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default 2 hyacinths made it

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:05:15 EDT, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

This was a hard winter! I started with a 4 x 8 berm pond and a 6 x 10
area of the main pond covered with Hyacinths. That comes out to
almost 100 sq ft of hyacinths. The berm pond was covered with plastic
to protect a bit from cold. Right now I have a total of 2 very small
hyacinths...like 2" tall. That is an all time record for mortality.

How did other folk fare this winter?
Jim

I think I lost both of the new plants I purchased at the end of summer, a
star grass and something else I can't recall right now. Everything else
looks good and my tulips (okay, not pond plants) are blooming the best I've
ever seen. One group is blooming that hadn't bloomed in 12-15 years!!! They
would just send up leaves every year to say, "we're still here" but this
year, wow! And the wisteria is gracing us with a very nice bunch of blooms
also, it too rarely gives a full show. It's 23 years old! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us