Old 17-04-2010, 10:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
james[_2_] james[_2_] is offline

Default Should the soil be compacted after seeding grass?

I just removed the old grass and weeds, tilled the soil and reseeded the
area with new grass seeds. Then lightly covered the seeds with soil.

Since the soil is very loose, the grass could be easily uprooted by the
wheels if I try to mow them or even just walk over them later on. So I
wonder if it would be a good idea to compact the soil now before the seeds
germinate.