Old 20-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Alan Holmes

Default Badly weeded area

"Alan Gould" wrote in message
In article , Bobby
writes
There's a small area at the side of my house that is badly weeded. It was
never properly grassed and is now a mixture of grass and weeds. What's

the
best way to fix this? Should I simply dig-up the whole lot and plant more
grass? I'm a newbie to gardening and I'm not sure how to do this. Cheers.

If you mow it regularly, most of the weeds will subside. The remainder,
such as clover, daisies, buttercups etc. will like lawn conditions and
will re-appear unless you re-soil and re-seed the area.

Or you can water it with Verdone, which is a weed killer for use on grassed
areas.

Alan