Old 20-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] pinus strobus backbudding!!

You read it right! Not a lot, but definitely backbudding. This is on a
tree I collected three years ago on a roadside in Maine. It's about
20-30 years old, rough guess. This is it's third year in a mica pot.
For the last two years I fertilized it heavily and pinched candles, and
this year I wired almost the entire tree. The new buds are not
everywhere, and there aren't a lot, but it is a welcome sight. Eastern
White Pine is often poo-poo'ed by the experts, but it's my tree and I
like it!

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a