Old 17-04-2010, 03:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
internaughtfull internaughtfull is offline

Default crape murder?

Hi,

I have a crape myrtle in the front yard, probably about 30 years old,
about
25 ft high, blooms huge. I had some brush removed on a slope and the
guys
said they would prune the myrtle also, since it was getting near some
power lines.
When I checked it out they cut it to about 6 ft high and the branches
are 1-2" or
so thick. Of course I could choke those guys it looks horrible. Will
this thing
recover? Should I just remove it and plant a quick growing nellie
holly?

itchy

It will certainly grow back! * In a few weeks you'll be able to see
tiny little buds randomly over the tree. *[,,,]

I was wondering if it would help to water and
fertilize it to help it recover. Like standard miracle
grow solution? If not I'm not going to bother with it.
Any particular type of nutrient that would help?

thx,

itchy