Old 17-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Roger2005b Roger2005b is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
if its the kind of engine that has the gas tank bolted to the bottom of
the carb, the the rubber gasket between the tank and carb needs to be
replaced,. its called a carb diaphram.ive fixed many doing what yours is
doing .youll need the engine model and spec number stamped on the
sheetmetal covering the top of the motor to get it or just take the old
gasket with you to match up..lucas
I had the problem of slow running, "hunting" and running as if the choke was permanently on with my Briggs Stratton 375 lawnmower engine. This fix is great and solved my problem immediately. It now runs as new. I did not have spare gaskets but cleaned up the existing ones which appeared undamaged but I will now get spares in case the problem re-occurs.
Thanks for such useful advice