Old 17-04-2010, 11:23 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.sport.golf

Default Weeds on greens?

Fred Williams wrote:
I've never seen weeds on greens, even on the
cheapest of golf courses. So does that mean
that the grass used for greens repels weeds
or is it because of the skills of green-keepers?

The reason I ask, is because I would like to
make part of my lawn suitable for putting on.

Would overseeding with green-type seed do, or
do I have to clear a patch down to the earth (no
big deal) and start afresh?

What seed would you recommend for Southern
Ontario (Canada)?

tia

Fred

If you want a putting green be prepared for seeding, watering, fertilising,
spraying, watering, cutting, rolling, aerating, cutting, mowing, watering,
fertilising, seeding, paying, watering, fertilising, spraying, watering,
cutting, aerating, cutting, paying, mowing, rolling, watering, fertilising,
seeding, watering, fertilising, spraying, watering, cutting, aerating,
cutting, mowing, watering, fertilising and paying.

And you will get to putt on it too. Sounds like fun.

David