Old 18-04-2010, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default HomeBase and potatoes

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Just remembered that HomeBase were selling plant pots with potato plants
in.
They looked like about 10" pots.

So - some questions that have occured to me since.

Can you grow potatoes on in pots and transplant outside later?

Is this a way of starting potatoes off to transplant into tubs without all
the problems of gettting them started at the bottom of the tubs in poor
light before gradually earthing up, or having a tub which is built up
slowly as the potato plant grows?

Or can you get enough potatoes in a 10" pot to make this worthwhile?

Cheers

Dave R

Also seen in my local branch. The pots I saw them in I thought were far too
small for a potato plant unless the plant was of a micro-dwarfed variety ;-)