Old 18-04-2010, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim A Jim A is offline

Default Food/Fruit for semi-shade?

Gopher wrote:
Jim

What do you like to eat - fruit and veg wise? The bed may be rather
short of space to plant a fruit tree or large bush but lots of veg and
some soft fruit (e.g. strawberries) could be grown. But I'd concentrate
on veg if I were you .... so what do you like eating?

That sounds encouraging then. I'll eat almost anything except rhubarb,
gooseberries, beetroot - I'm not keen on 'tart' fruits. My wife won't
eat curly kale but I think that's about it.

Our staples are potatoes, carrots, swede, cabbage, broccoli, courgettes
and some salad (lettuce, rocket, cucumber, radishes, etc,).

Neither of us eat a great deal of fruit but we like pears and plums.

Cheers,

Jim
--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride