Old 20-04-2003, 01:08 AM
Gregory Young

Default gunite pond

I've had it done.
I had them put on a finish coat, which:
1) seals the cement, so there is no leaching of lime (they etch the concrete
with muriatic acid, then apply the sealant)
2) you can pick you color of sealant. I had mine look like mud color (more
natural appearing than black). It appears like mud brown when water is
added, but out of the water actually looks off purple!
Advantages:
My pH and pK are rock solid. (no pun intended).
The gunnite pond is guaranteed for as long as my I own the home.
Leaks are a thing of the past.
There are no liner folds to deal with.
It is easy to vacuum the bottom.
I had bottom drains installed, again with no risks of leaking.
They even built in my skimmer box.
Disadvantages:
The cost.
You can't modify the basic structure, though you can add concrete adjacent
ponds. streams, etc, etc.
Happy ponding,
Greg

--

wrote in message
does anyone know if this would be harmful to fish?i've had such bad luck
with liners and i'm tired of fooling with it.since i can't build it
myself
using concrete,i'm thinking about having the swimming pool people blow
in the gunite stuff.
is it safe for fish?robin