Old 18-04-2010, 11:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Building a retaining wall close to trees

"aquachimp" wrote in message

Even a kerb stone would be undone in that situation I think. What I
thought the OP referred to was gravel boards all the way up.

I have seen a retaining wall made from concrete fence panels three high.
It broke in several places within a couple of months.
The last time I saw it they had inserted extra concrete posts in the centre
of each panel, AFAIK they are still holding it back after a few years.