Old 20-04-2003, 01:32 AM
animaux

Default How do I fight grubs naturally?

On 19 Apr 2003 17:43:49 GMT, arden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

I can hardly wait for the day when I have nothing but a tiny piece of turf to

My dream come true!
After getting a $3,500 bill to re-do our front yard (basically with WAY boring
azlaleas & rhodis), after the japanease specimens were ravaged by contractors,
my husband has given me free rein (SP?) to put in whatever I like.
I just put in a TON of dahlias, YOUR cannas, some lilies, crocosmia, and some
other plantings where we yanked out the failing arborvitae. This is in the
back. Plus now MY back is feeling it already!
Love Caryn (lawn? what lawn?)

"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

When you go to Waldbaums or Pathmark, see if you can get a few bushel baskets
the fruit come in. When you dig the cannas in fall after they freeze, remove
the whole blob, including the soil and store them in a cool basement or garage
which stays above 40o.

I'm having a guy come in to do core aeration to the turf in the front so I can
lay out compost and when I do dig it up, the clay soil will be softer to work.
He's charging me 35 dollars! I couldn't rent a machine and do it myself for
that.