Old 19-04-2010, 06:08 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] is offline

Default have my potatoes in; whip graft #3

I am happy today, for I have all the potatoes in and this time I put a
brick walkway
down each row, so I know where to stand if I go through a row to weed
or water.
And I know where to harvest. Now last year was a bumper crop of
potatoes. And
the reason I believe is because I put a layer of horsemanure over the
potatoes
and kept them watered through the summer. If I get a bumper crop this
year,
I may have to sell or barter away some of them.

My first experience with grafting was last week where I grafted about
15 rock
elm to that of other elm species. I had not done a whip graft but
almost all
the other types. I may have invented a new type of grafting where I
take a
drill bit of the same size of stem and make it hollow leaving only the
cambium
on the rootstock. Using a portable drill remove about 2cm and then
with the scion, gently removing the bark exposing the cambium. This is
a maximum cambium exposure and should be even more successful than the
whip graft. But I suspect the bud graft is the graft
of choice.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/