Old 19-04-2010, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Rocket seeds again!

wrote:
Rusty Hinge wrote:
Glad you said 'almost' - you shouldn't transplant cauliflowers or you'll
only get tiny curds.

That may explain a lot. Are you meant to plant seeds in their final growing
spot, then? That sounds ... tricky. I have a tray of caulis waiting to go
out from the greenhouse as soon as I get the chance, but they decided to
coat themselves in greenfly. :-(

A) Yes, that is the preferred method.

B) you can plant them into pots and when large enough, knock them out
and plant the lot, rooted compost...

Digging them out of a tray 'checks' them, and that's it. Very pleasant
gobbets of cauli result innit.

I could be tempted to use (Shhhh! EC spies might be listening!) the
juice from boiled rhubarb leaves to spray the aphids with.

--
Rusty