Old 19-04-2010, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim A Jim A is offline

Default Food/Fruit for semi-shade?

Rusty Hinge wrote:
Want me to send you a few bales of nettle roots?

Thanks, but there are plenty just down the road :-)

Another excellent wild food is almost the entire family of Chenopodia -

Cheno-what? Don't worry - I'll google it.

fat hen, good King Henry, hastate orache, samphire and many others.

Blackberries grow nicely along the tops of fences. Ideally, they should
have vicious thorns to discourage intruders. Remember, if you have a
suitable position, you can always put in a tall stout stake and grow
blackberries vertically.

Neat Idea! I'll just let it grow to the top of the wall where it will
find plenty of sunshine.

Cheers!

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride