Old 19-04-2010, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default slugs

Racquel Darrian wrote:

"bob" wrote in message
good afternoon,i heard of a slug deterrent using copper and was
wondering if anyone had any experience of it in use,evidently copper
tube is beaten flat,cut into sections and formed into collars which go
around the plant at soil level,all thoughts welcomed.

I used copper tape around my hosta pots one year. I watched a hungry
slug slide over it. It did recoil a bit at first though. :O)

Ideally, you have two copper bands close together on a polythene tape.
Connect the positive side of a battery to one band and the negative to
the other.

Only the most masochistic slug will go over that...

--
Rusty