Old 19-04-2010, 09:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Is this lettuce safe to eat?

"Billy" wrote in message
In article
,
Sam wrote:

I planted lettuce in the fall of last year. I live in Tennessee. It
never really grew. We had a cold winter, got snow,frost, etc. Now
it's spring and the lettuce is now doing great. A few spots, but
looks great for the most part. Is it still safe to eat?

All thing being equal, yes. If something didn't contaminate it, it will
be fine.

My volunteer lettuce from last year (growing outside of the beds) is doing
better than the stuff I carefully planted this year!
--S.