Old 20-04-2010, 06:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids,rec.gardens

Default Scale on Phalaenopsis

I have a Phalaenopsis in a greenhouse window in my breakfast room. It
seems to do quite well there, blooming every year. However, it and the
other plants in the window seem to get infested with scale.

I've treated the other plants in the window with a soil drench of
imidacloprid, a systemic insecticide. It seems to be effective and give
long-term results. Is this safe to use when watering my orchid?

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. © 1997