Old 20-04-2010, 07:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids,rec.gardens
shahwin shahwin is offline

Default Scale on Phalaenopsis

On Apr 20, 10:17*am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
I have a Phalaenopsis in a greenhouse window in my breakfast room. *It
seems to do quite well there, blooming every year. *However, it and the
other plants in the window seem to get infested with scale.

I've treated the other plants in the window with a soil drench of
imidacloprid, a systemic insecticide. *It seems to be effective and give
long-term results. *Is this safe to use when watering my orchid?

It appears that your soil is the problem, check pH
and sterlize the soil. I will show you How

I am an Organic Gardener, treating plants with Herbs and Spices, no
chemicals required. visit my site http://groups.google.com/group/pakgardenclub-

I am online to meet your requirements
shah

--

David E. Ross
http://www.rossde.com/.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation. © 1997