Old 20-04-2010, 09:15 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default moss gardens

FarmI wrote:
"Jean B." wrote in message
Instructions
Things You'll Need:
? Handful Mosses
? One Can Beer
? Plastic Spoons
? Spatulas
? Spatulas
? 1/2 teaspoon sugars

1. Put a handful of the moss you want to grow into a blender.
2. Add 1/2 tsp. sugar and one can of beer (the cheapest brand),
or 2 cups of buttermilk and 2 cups of water.
3. Blend just long enough to mix the ingredients and break down
the moss. 4. Spread the soupy mixture with a
spatula over the ground or rocks
where you want the moss to grow.
Tips & Warnings

? Remove as much dirt from the moss as you can before you start.

? Moss grows best in shady areas.

? Once you've spread the moss mixture, don't get it wet or you
will wash the mixture away.
------
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/mosscare.html

Thanks, Billy. While I have frequently encountered the buttermilk
method, I had not seen the beer method before. Perhaps I'll compare
the two formulae. Hmmm. Spraying statues... I have a very good
candidate for that!

You could also just use an old paintbrush and paint yoghurt on your
pots or statues. That too works.

No, no, you drink the beer, rub on the buttermilk and frolic with the
statues under the full moon.