Old 20-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Purchgdss

Default Spiders in the flowerbeds

Today I found my second black widow spider. Found one last year, also.

If you have only found 3 in the last two years, count your blessings..... I
swear NC is black widow country as I find them EVERYWHERE (but not in the
house). Some were quite healthy (read - HUGE. I swear I killed one that was
1" long in body) and made expansive webs. A key I have noticed is that they do
not make organized webs. If you look for the chaotic webbing especially in
dark places, you'll pretty much know what you've got. Most spiders make the
pretty webs (I've had webs stretch 8' tall in front of my house) or small
"tunnel" webs. Black widows just make chaos. LOLOL

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine