Old 20-04-2010, 04:16 PM
Saki Saki is offline
Registered User

Default Lawn Is Patchy, What Would You Do?

When we moved into the property, the lawn couldn't be salvaged. There was a lot of contrasting information as to how you should freshly plant a lawn form seed but here's what I ended up doing.

Completely turned over existing grass. moss and weeds, removing all. Flattened out the soil, fertilised with pre-lawn pellets and raked these in. Dispersed grass seed and gently raked in. I was advised to only bury around half of the seeds by raking, I now suspect they should all be gently covered with soil. 6 weeks on, here's what we have:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1589.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1590.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1591.jpg

Should I plant more seed in the spaces and lightly rake in and cover with soil or is there a better way of filling these gaps out?

Thanks