Old 20-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Sookieboo Sookieboo is offline
Registered User

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saki View Post
When we moved into the property, the lawn couldn't be salvaged. There was a lot of contrasting information as to how you should freshly plant a lawn form seed but here's what I ended up doing.

Completely turned over existing grass. moss and weeds, removing all. Flattened out the soil, fertilised with pre-lawn pellets and raked these in. Dispersed grass seed and gently raked in. I was advised to only bury around half of the seeds by raking, I now suspect they should all be gently covered with soil. 6 weeks on, here's what we have:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1589.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1590.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...6/IMG_1591.jpg

Should I plant more seed in the spaces and lightly rake in and cover with soil or is there a better way of filling these gaps out?

Thanks
Saki, can't believe it, this is my lawn exactly. We have re-turfed twice to no avail. We have aerated and raked over the bald patches then dressed with topsoil and reseeded, nothing doing. We have used canada grass seed for shady lawns, no result. We have removed several trees (far too many for a very small back garden), again no luck. Look forward to reading replies.